07 Nov This year’s summit 2020 in Active Owners – live streaming via Zoom
Client: Aktive Ejere / Active Owners Denmark
Production type: Livestreaming, Webinar
Technic: 2-3 broadcast camera, light, wireless microports. PowerPoint and Video viewing.
Crew: Producer + camera guys + Zoom technical assistant.
Location: At partner-company &More in Copenhagen
Tillægsydelser/Additional: A Rehearsal the day before event, test of connection to UK
As the Americans make their way to the voting booths for the presidential election, we will discuss and predict US-China relations for the years to come. We will debate the implications of a Brexit-process that keeps surprising. And we will look into the industry development in this rapidly changing investment climate. All on the backdrop of the coronavirus pandemic and all that it means for business, for international relations and, obviously, for the health of citizens around the world.
This year Active Owners Denmark’s (formerly the DVCA) Annual Summit investigates the wave of anti-globalization tendencies sweeping over the globe and its impact on investment professionals. Due to corona related restrictions the 2020 event is held digitally with an intense three-and-a-half-hour programme. The event will be split up into three thematic segments.
The moderator of the event will be journalist and writer, Mr. Noa Redington. Mr. Noa Redington has a vast political background and used to be special advisor to Ms. Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Danish PM.
Welcome: 1.30 to 1.45 PM
- Mr. Christian Frigast, Chairman of Active Owners Denmark and Chairman of the Board at Axcel Management, opens the event.
- Mr. Henrik Sass Larsen, CEO of Active Owners Denmark and former Danish Minister for Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, set the stage for the deliberations of the day and introduces the present investment climate in Denmark with key findings from the Industry Activity Rapport publicized simultaneously.
1. session: 1:45 to 2:30 PM
- Mr. Anders Borg, investment professional and Former Swedish Minister of Finance, analyzes the trends and perspectives in the AIFM directive revision underway in the European Union. Also Mr. Borg dives into the needs of Scandinavian funds meeting the interests of major international players in the European marketplace.
2. session: 2:45 to 3:30 PM
- With relations between Brussels and London at an all time low we invite a leading expert to share a macroeconomic evaluation of Brexit consequences in the British and Continental markets. What will a hard Brexit mean for the City of London? Will it open a hybrid trade war in Europe? How will it affect business growth in a post corona reality? Our speaker, Dr Andrew Sentance, is an independent business economist. Sentance sereves as a Senior Adviser to Cambridge Econometrics and worked with PwC as their Senior Economic Adviser from 2011 to 2018. Prior to joining PwC, Sentance served for five years (2006-11) on the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), through the global financial crisis and its aftermath.
3. session: 15:45 to 16:45
- During the Summit we are only hours away from the result of one of the most dramatic presidential elections in US history. The winner will decide how important geopolitical questions – and first and foremost the future relations with China – will be resolved for the years to come. An authority on international relations, and their consequences for multilateral businesses, will analyze the impact of elections. After the presentation, the floor will be open for questions. With his unparallel insight, Mr. Anders Fogh Rasmussen, former Danish PM and the 12th Secretary General of NATO will guide us through the different scenarios.