05 Mar Remote Production for Siemens
We are preparing for Remote Production for our customer Siemens. In the picture you see our crew, who are stand-in for the keynote speaker. The recording format will be in the 9:16 aspect ratio (portrait format), and will be LIVE-merged with 2 other remote locations (3 locations on Earth in total) – and together the 3 live recordings will form a 16: 9 aspect ratio (landscape format). Together with a digital backdrop (Virtual Set), the illusion will be that they are in the same room (same location).
Technical requirements for the recording
- Resolution/framerate: UHD and more Frame rate: 25 or 50 fps
- File format: MOV PRO RES 444 or DNxHD
- Color space: 10Bit – sRGB
- Camera: 2 x 4K, 18-105 and 24-70mm lenses, min. 2/3-frame size
- Fiber Internet Connection with 300/300 up/down
- Video Interface: HD-SDI and HDMI to HD-SDI
Communication during production
- Communication with speakers via in-ear – no sound in the studio
- Teleprompter/Autocue: Two/Three locations: Camera + side screens. Can be split screen as well
- Using of Zoom as communication plattform during recordings
Requirements for light and sound
- Microphones: Same model or system should be synced. Recordings levelled at -3dB
- Delivery of individual audio tracks for subsequent professional audio engineering
- Provision of in-ear microphones for all speakers
- Synchronize recordings: to start the recordings synchronized
- The greenscreen studio is required for 1 day for production and 1 day for the technical trial.
- A technical rehearsal scheduled for the day before the recordings. Planning eight hours for the rehearsal.
- Providing approx. 10 sec. footage in RAW from the studio in advance for post-edit-test.
- Providing stand-in speaker for full technical rehearsal. incl. autocue (teleprompter), PPT, Audio etc.